Started hair fall after using Gel. Thinking to use Tugain or livon hair gain tonic. Suggest?
You may use minoxidil 5 percent
Thanks for writing to us.
Nicotine present in smoke can lead to increased pigmentation of lips or oral mucosa. This is known as smoker's melanosis.
Cessation of smoking usually reverses the process in few years time. As such there is no medication that would reduce the pigmentation unless smoking is completely stopped. If the pigmentation is present over lip, you may try applying hydroquinone or kojic acid cream once in a day and use a lip balm with sun protection factor to reduce pigmentation. If its in oral cavity, unfortunately nothing can be done
Hope this helped.
use minoxidil 5 percent
Please accept my apologies for the incorrect answer received. I am not sure how it happened as the answer was meant for another user.
Nevertheless i shall rectify my mistake by answering the query in detail.
The causes for hair fall could be divided into three
1) androgentic alopecia- where hair loss is from frontal, ttemporal area and vertex of scalp ie from front, sides and centre. Hair fall is gradual and individual hair starts thinning out.
2) telogen effluvium- hair fall is diffuse. Causes are stress, chronic illness like jaundice, typhoid, dengue, anemia, thyroid ds, nutritional deficiency, smoking alcohol, intake of medicine for prolonged use
3) local causes like dandruff, use of gels, over application of oils, salon hair treatments, hair coloring etc.
You have mentioned that you were using gels previously and then started using oil. Also the hair fall is only 5 to 6 hair per day( we consider hair fall when its 50 to 100 strands per day, anything below this is normal) and your hair is not growing properly.
Anyways, first I would like to rule out any possible cause of hair loss
So please answer these queries
Pattern of hair fall- if you can see that hair density is reduced. If yes area involved
Since how long are you having it
Any precipitating cause like any previous illness, inadequate diet, stress in form of exams, dandruff etc.
Also please attach an image of your scalp, so that your hair can be analysed.
In the interim start taking tablet androanagen daily and apply minoxidil 5 percent solution 1 ml twice in a day. If these are taken for two to three months, these will reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
Also avoid gels or excessive oiling of hair
Take nutritious diet XXXXXXX in milk,soy products,lentils,sproutslean meats,fish,eggs,green vegetables,nuts and fruits
Hope this would help.I apologise once again for the gaffe.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hair fall when using althea
- Can with use of tugain hair fall can cure parmanently
- Lots of hair fall after using mintop 10
- Evion medicine used for hair falling
- Any suggestion for increased hair fall after using amexidil
- Have hair fall used tugain worried
- Uses essvit tablet hair fall
- Hair fall after using mintop
- Is sirka useful for hair falling
- Hair fall stopped after using tugain foam