Started getting prickly sensation after eye cataract surgery. Any medication to get relief?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi! I have had an eye cataract surgery done 2 months back. Everything was fine for a month and then all of a sudden I started getting a pricky sensation in my eye. Went to my doctor several times and he said that everything was fine and changed my eye drops but there has hardly been any improvement. He said that it will take time to settle and has only given me Tear plus eye drops. The feeling as if something has gone in my eye is just unbearable. Pls advice. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
thanks for sending your query to us.
Since the doctor has seen you then i presume that there is no redness and you have stopped using steroid eye drops which you were using postoperatively.
There seems to be some post op inflammation.
To begin with you can use steroid drops you were using after surgery,3-4 times a day and if they do not solve your problem then take ibuprofen 400 once a day for 5 days.
please do get back to me in case of any further query.