Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Started getting new teeth but it is misaligned. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2059 Questions
My son is getting new teeths and his baby teeths are falling. One of the interesting thing which is happening is that he is getting his new teeth before the old teeth breaks, and this new teeth is coming behind old teeth and is misaligned. This has happened with his both the new teeths so far.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I went through the details submitted and the pictures attached. It seems like your son's 2 permanent lower central incisors has lingually erupted and the 2 deciduous lower front incisors which should have fallen prior to eruption of permanent is retained.

Usually this happens in this stage in children. The lower deciduous incisors may be shaking a few months back and your son may not be noticed. If the retained deciduous incisors is not mobile now, please do visit a dentist and get the deciduous teeth removed soon. Else there are chances of malaligned and crowding of teeth. Oral hygiene maintenance in that area also becomes difficult in such cases.

Since your son is 6.5 years now, I also recommend that you get his other teeth checked especially upper deciduous incisors - whether shaking or not. Time of eruption of upper permanent incisors is 7-8 years.

So you should take attention regarding your son's teeth. Shaking teeth has to be monitored and removed at the proper time. Meanwhile make sure that the remaining deciduous teeth shed at proper time prior to permanent teeth eruption.

These measures will prevent malalignment and the need for ORTHODONTIC braces in the future.

Please maintain good oral hygiene too.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask further concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor