Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Started getting neck pain. CT scan showed minimal marginal oestophytes at c5 and c6. What care should be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I am 30 year old. I used to swim a lot and had few neck injuries at that time. I started getting neck pain. I have undergone a CT scan . The report says minimal marginal oestophytes noted at c5 and c6 and remain everything is normal. What care should i take.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
osteophytes are abnormal bony growth at the bony margins and also can result from abnormal calcification of attaching ligament called enthesopathy.
You should learn neck exercises from a neurophysiotherapist and practise them regularly, you should do warm water bottle fomentation locally twice a day.
In times of static posturing of neck like reading/ computer work you should use/wearing soft neck collar.
You can use topical pain killers to relieve discomfort initially.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor