Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Started getting irregular period. What is causing this and required treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
My daughter is 22 years old . She is facing a gynic problem. Last month her periods were over on 30th XXXXXXX However she experienced bleeding again on 7th of Feb. It stopped after few hours. Again bleeding has started today on 15th Feb. It is continuing since afternoon. Please suggest remedy and reasons for such happenings. This month she has started taking M2 tone syrup since Feb 8th.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 17 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Intermittent vaginal bleeding is something to be of concern.
Before coming to a diagnosis can you provide me following clarifications.
1. Is her previous cycles regular?
2. Is she on contraceptives?
3. Is bleeding associated with pain abdomen?
4. What is her weight?

Waiting for your reply
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Started getting irregular period. What is causing this and required treatment? 1 hour later
She is unmarried. Her previous periods were regular. Her weight is 46 kg height is 5ft7 inches. During periods first two daya she has abdominal pain
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 12 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

From your description above, she seems to be underweight.
Her menstrual irregularities are due to hormonal imbalance in the body.
Underweight or excess weight loss causes such hormonal imbalance.

I recommend following suggestions:
1. Tablet tranexamic acid to reduce her bleeding immediately.
2. Consult a Gynecologist to detect cause of hormonal imbalance.
3. Serum hormonal imbalance profile like FSH, LH, Thyroid levels.
4. Have a balanced nutritious diet.

Usually menstrual irregularities are completely normalized by progesterone supplements. So do not worry. Consult your doctor for prescription.

Hope this helps. You may write to me for further clarifications.
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor