Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Started feeling stiffness and soreness in solar plexus area. Is this related to heart problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
I am a 65 year old woman with no history of this symptom: my solar plexus area started to feel stiff. Now it is sore. Last night it became quite sore and I felt as if I had indigestion (never had it before).
Should I be checked out for heart trouble?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 22 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us
Yes, you should be checked for heart trouble because there are a few cases when the pain from the heart is felt in the solar plexus ( in medical terms, we call it the epigastric area).
Given your age and the fact that you are overweight ( both of which are risk factors for heart disease), we dont want to be missing anything serious. At this stage, we should be looking for an EKG and a cardiac enzyme level to make sure we've covered it all.
If these tests are normal, then its simply heartburn. Lifestyle measures like avoiding caffeine ( found in tea, coffee and coke/pepsi), smoking and spicy food would be required. Also, you should be having small, frequent meals would help.
If these measures dont help, you can take Tablet Prevacid 1 tablet once daily one hour before meals. This should provide considerable relief.
I hope I answered your question. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor