Started feeling nausea and gastritis after drinking water. Any infection?

Dr. Ravinder Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: On 16 Dec 2012 I drank half a letre of water at 10 am in order to detox. I had break fast at 12:30(noon) and then around 6:30pm after shower I started feeling nausea and gastritis problem. I was about to throw up and did not feel like eating, drinking anything. I had dinner at 9 and was throwing up by 10pm. I slept after vommitting and been feeling dizzy, throat infection. Not been liking the taste of water at all. I feel uneasiness in my shoulders also and in the nose area. Feeling sleepy too and lack of energy at work. I feel feverish in the nights.
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of the information provided it appears that you had gastroenteritis or food poisoning. Nausea, vomiting, fever, malaise and bodyache 4 to 6 hours after meal makes this as a probable diagnosis.

Your past history is also suggestive of recurrent throat infections and you have allergy to fog, dust, ice and food colours. Throat irritation and altered taste sensation may be because of acute infection of throat. People with history of allergy in throat and nose are more at risk of developing upper sinuses, noe and pharynx).

However you require an examination of the throat and a physician consultation will help in getting the definitive diagnosis. I would advise you to consult a family physician or a MD medicine doctor and a ENT specialist for the treatment.

I hope this answers your query. Feel free to contact me I you need further help about it

with warm regards
Ravinder Sharma