Started cipro 500mg for prostatitis. Experiencing severe gas and constipated. What to do?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As constipation doesn't have any relation with cipro, it seems to be a coincidence only. But cipro can destroy normal intestinal flora and can cause flatulence.
Formation of gas can occur due to constipation and poor digestion.
You can take (i) Tab.Unienzyme twice daily just after lunch and dinner,
(ii) Cap.Vizylac one daily and
(iii) Psyllium husk 2 tsf with water at bed time for 5 days.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Last stages of prostate cancer constipation
- Does prostate cancer cause constipation
- Does enlarged prostate cause constipation
- Cipro antibiotic use for prostate
- Passing gas and prostatitis
- Cipro and prostate infection
- Can taking cipro for prostate infection lead to constipation
- Prostatitis and constipation
- Prostate constipation pressure
- Can prostate cause constipation