Started bleeding after periods. Feeling bloated and depressed. HPT negative. What's going on?

Dr. Dattaprasad

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Just looking for a little advice my last period was 05th Nov and then I started bleeding again on 01st Dec (not heavy) like my usual period but bright red and was more than spotting but not heavy (sorry TMI) and only last 3 days. My cycle is around 28 days. So this bleed was a couple of days early.

I am a little confused as I have not had unprotected sex as such (but the comdom did split and we did not realise right away but when we did my partner pulled out and never cum inside me) Again sorry TMI) This was around 24/25th November.

When I started bleeding on the 01st of December I started my new XXXXXXX pill Noriday (advised by my doc to start on first day of period) and this is what is confusing me, been getting bad migraines the past couple of days and feel really bloated and trapped wind and depressed (sorry again TMI)

I have done 2 x first response pregnant test and both were negative. I am so confused and I cant stop thinking about whats going on. I have stopped the XXXXXXX pill as I could not cope with the migraines and I also wanted to see if I get another period.

Any help on this would be appreciated
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Its normal to have occasional period 1-2 days earlier. As your cycle is around 28 days most probable day ovulation for last cycle might be 19th November. You had incidence of condom split on 24/25th November, which is well beyond the day of ovulation to cause pregnancy.
Also migraine & bloating can be caused by XXXXXXX pill Noriday.
Though pregnancy is very unlikely in your case, as you are very much anxious, you can do blood beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy with 100% confidence.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health

Follow up: Dr. Dattaprasad 59 minutes later
Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to add that this period (which is light) keeps stopping and starting?

If I was to wait to do home pregnancy test how long would I have to wait?

also where can I go for a blood beta hCG test?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 10 hours later
Thanks for reply,
Though its claimed that home pregnancy test can give positive result on the day of missed period(OR on 28th day in your case), normally its better to wait for 5-7 more days to avoid false negative result. You can do home pregnancy test anytime between 8th & 10th December.
Best is to do beta hCG of blood which you can do from any standard laboratory.
Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you good health