question-icon

Spots on tongue and roof of mouth, orange palette. What could this be?

Posted on Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Question: Hi,
Over the last few days i've started getting loads of painless little spots under my tongue and it's now spread to the roof of my mouth. I used the camera on my phone and the palette is orange and veiny with a lot of small spots. There no pain or discomfort, just feels a bit odd.
Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (1 hour later)

After having a look at the image you sent and the description you gave, I suspect them to be minute sebaceous cysts which are not serious.

They may be caused due to deficiency of Vitamins specially Vit A , B and C or could be due to mild infection by non-virulent ( non XXXXXXX ) bacterial strains.

I would suggest you to take Multivitamins daily for at least 5 days and gargle with CHLORHEXIDINE solution for infection. Both will be available in pharmacy without prescription.

If there is any increase in size over a short period or formation of pus pointing lesions more than 3mm size then you may have to consult a specialist .Where it could be due to infection and you may be in need of antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Raju A.T