Spots appeared near armpit. Feeling tired, sick, fatigue and anxiety. Any cure?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: A few months ago 2 small pimple like spots appeared near my armpit (behind armpit towards my back). I ignored them then they got bigger and much more painful after about a day. Red streaks came from them and I felt extremely tired and sick. I would wake up during the night with intense rushes through my body. I thought had been bitten but after those healed more appeared a few weeks later. 2 would appear at the same time then more would appear around them. One doctor gave me antibiotic cream to put on them, they got very aggressive and painful and I felt so sick I didnt sleep properly for a week. I got extreme anxiety symptoms such as uncomfortable uncontrolled adrenaline rushes, fatigue, extreme light headed, bad concentration, sometimes outer body experiences (and I don't/never suffered from anxiety) It was very uncomfortable for me and I had on and off flu symptoms. I took antibiotics and the spots disappeared but the other symptoms lasted for about 3 months. No doctor could tell me what they were, just said it probably shaving rash. Its not shaving rash they are located near my lymph nodes not my armpit. I have felt a lot better the last couple of months, but recently I was trying to sleep 2 nights ago and the rushes happened again for no reason and kept flowing up and down my body waking me up. Tonight 2 red spots appeared on my now left side, in exactly the same place as the last time just the other arm. I know they are connected somehow. They burn and hurt and make me feel sick. What are they?? Im scared more will appear and it will all happen again!
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
It can be folliculitis ,furuncle,impetigo,insect bite etc.

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Also I would like to know -
Was there itching over the area any time?
Is there any redness over the area or surrounding?
Is there any change in the consistency or thickness of the affected area?(thickening or thinning)?
Any bleeding/pus/pain tenderness/history of trauma /scratching through the area?
Have you tried anything new in these days?(cosmetics/clothes/undergarments/soap)
Answer the questions and upload images to helps you better.

Till the time you can apply Fusidic acid 2% cream over the affected area and can take Tab.Ibuprofen for pain.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Regards.

DrSudarshan
Dermatology.