Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Sperm analysis report suggests non liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I am 32 years old man, got the results of sperm analysis. Quite good results are followed by NON liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better? Is it possible, that the non liquefaction of the semen is a response to a low dosage of ABILIFY, I am taking for 10 years (15, 10, 5 mg consecutively)? Before the treatment, i did not observed any abnormalities on the semen (it was white homogeneous), now, there is an eye seeing contrast, the ejaculate is heterogeneous (white and transparent parts).
Thanks for reply.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Non liquifaction or delayed liquifaction of the semen are generally due to some minor infection of reproductive tract.

2) It has got nothing to do with Abilify medication you are taking hence please continue with medication without worry.

3) I suggest you give semen for culture and sensitivity which can detect if there is an infection and suitable medication sensitive to it.

4) Even if you dont take medicine it might get cured in few days, but it is advisable to take medicines to cure it early based on semen culture report.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Sperm analysis report suggests non liquefaction of the semen. Is there any chance to get this better? 4 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.

I will visit the urologist, to make analysis mentioned. Hope this will help.

Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later

Please get semen culture and sensitivity test as I had mentioned.

I am happy that my answer was of help to you. Please accept my answer and write a review if you found my answer useful.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor