Soreness in belly slightly above belly button on left side.
Please give additional information
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is the soreness and tenderness present?
Is there any swelling?
If the swelling is present please see if it increases on coughing or straining?
Also see if the swelling is reducible?
Any direct or indirect trauma?
Any changes or complaints related to bowel or urinary system?
Any other history?
Please give all the details.
Thanks in advance and with regards.
Awaiting for your detailed feedback.
Dr T Chandrakant.
There is no swelling nor bruising.
I do not have a cough.
Bowel movements have been slightly more often but with no straining. There is no blood present in stool.
I cannot recall any trauma to the area. At first I thought it might be the result of a poorly given insulin injection, striking a capillary, but it has persisted and there is no bruising.
The discomfort is generally mild soreness as opposed to pain. I can do all my daily tasks as normal. It does seem to increase and decrease without explanation.
Most probably a small hernia
Thanks for your feedback.
The possibilities are:
It does seem to increase and decrease without explanation. > suggestive of a condition called hernia. The hernia is usually small in this place and the content being fat alone causing a discomfort as you nave mentioned.
Secondly, post-injection there can be fat necrosis or so.
Thirdly, some internal problem related to lymph nodes or intestine.
This can be well confirmed by high resolution ultrasonography of the abdominal wall and abdomen to rule out any internal problems.
I hope this answers your query.
Please get the investigations done to get a confirmed diagnosis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...