Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Soreness between anus and scrotum, no pain / swelling, rash like. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello, I have a slight soreness between my anus and scrotum. I do shave down there and it feels like it may be a skin problem, but better safe than sorry. I am 26 yrs old, straight, I don't feel anything swollen, and no pain when pressure is applied. Kind of like a rash when i rub the skin there. Please advise.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Unfortunately the report could not be uploaded but the symptoms can be due to chafing skin or friction rub of the skin and the clothes. Chafing is basically skin irritation and redness which occurs when skin rubs against skin or clothing.
Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:

1) Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.

2) Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3) You can apply some calamine lotion, which is available over the counter, on the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

4) Application of mild Corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

If there is appearance of any lump then the possibilities of a boil due to infected hair follicles should be ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor