Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Soreness and mild swelling on the nose after injury. Feeling a lump. Bleeding from nose. Advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi, I've been attacked and unfortunately hit in the nose. My whole nose is sore both inside and out. Not much swelling, only a little on the side that the punch come from and from the bridge of my nose to the side there has developed a slight lump (only by feel, cannot see). Am I ok just to keep icing it and all should be good? I'm also experiencing a lot of "bubble effects" in my nose and blew out more blood this morning (not much though). Thanks guys x
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
A person with a nose injury has damage to a structure in the nose, caused by an injury. A nasal injury may involve a facial contusion, facial fracture, nosebleed, or nasal bone fracture
Symptoms of a nose injury include facial bruise, nosebleed, facial pain, facial swelling, facial tenderness, a deformed nose, and inability to breathe normally through the nose.
Since you don't have any deformed nose or any facial fracture or there is no problem in your breathing,it means it is not serious and should be all right soon with cold compress and Bleeding from nose is very minor and nothing specific is to be done.
However if the bleeding from nose increases or you feel some deformity on nose,you must visit ER,although chances for that look very remote.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Soreness and mild swelling on the nose after injury. Feeling a lump. Bleeding from nose. Advice? 17 minutes later
Fantastic, appreciate your help, thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
You are most welcome to ask Any query any time.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor