question-icon

Sore underarm ( lymph nodes?) start on the evening of

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Question: Sore underarm (lymph nodes?) start on the evening of egg transfer (12 hours post transfer) and lasts a day or two. Same happened on two previous failed cycles, yesterday on third cycle. Is this my immune system fighting off the embryos?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Possibly breast tissue swelling and extending under arm by prolactin.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think this swelling under arm is related to lymph nodes fighting the embryo.
I think the swelling us due to breast tissue extending under arm. The breast tissue become enlarged under prolactin hormone which is increased during pregnancy and mainly in first phase.
You will have this enlarged tissue for about three days and it will get a bit smaller next days.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka