Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Sore testicle, not sensitive to touch, painful. Is this a strained muscle or ligament?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
My husband is 40, weighs about 215 and is 5'11. He's not had any major illnesses or injuries. Used to be a pro soccer player. He pulled his left hamstring 4 days ago while playing kickball with some kiddos, so been sort of treating that (but not consistent). Then 2days later he wakes up with a sore right testicle/groin (more fucused on testicle). It is not sensitive to the touch, or when lying/sitting down. but very painful when bearing weight on right leg (not on left leg...other than hamstring soreness). Also too painful to lift anything (no hernia-like protrusions visable). Yesterday he had to be on his feet for a few hours and the pain lessened. Then increased again after he was lying down for an hour or so (again only when bearing weight or process of sitting/standing). And really bad again this morning after resting all night. Is this a strained muscle or ligament due to overcompensation of pulled hamstring?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

A sore testicle or groin is not likely to be related to a pulled hamstring muscle. It is most likely due to a scrotal or testicular infection such as epididymitis or orchitis.

Testicular examination by your physician will be helpful in making a diagnosis. I suggest to consult his primary physician for an examination.

Till then he can start with tablet Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) 400mg, one tablet after breakfast and dinner for three days. Hot fomentation will also help in relieving the pain.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor