Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Sore sensation inside my chest. Diagnosed with high blood pressure and cholesterol. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
I am a male of 41 years, I am 200lbs, 5ft 10inches in height, I have for a while now been feeling a sore sensation inside my chest. I have recently been diagnosed with High Blood pressure and High cholesterol. I have since changed my diet, drinking habits and am exercising. But the sensation in my chest is causing me some concern. Any ideas or possible diagnosis?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 36 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Sore sensation inside the chest or chest pain can have various causes,

Most common of it is the muscular pain. This pain usually is localized to one point in the chest and is increased by bending, moving etc.There is usually localized tenderness, means the part of the chest is sore to touch .

Acid peptic disease or the acidity can also cause the chest pain, it is mostly burning in nature and is relieved by taking antacids.

In your case, possibility of the cardiac chest pain can not be ruled out, as you are having hypertension and hypercholesterolemia. This pain is exertional in nature and is relieved by rest. Most of the time it is not pin pointed and is diffuse in location.

There are other causes as well, but they are not so common.

I will recommend you to go for at least basic investigation like ECG, stress testing to rule out the cardiac cause.


Please let me know, if you need further information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor