Sore penis after intercourse. What's wrong?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello, my wife and I had rough sex 3 nights ago and my penis missed the opening while she was on top. I didn't think anything of it and kept going and finished. The next day I felt it kind of sore but only when I would get and erection. The next night I woke up with it hurting when I had an erection.

It is not swollen or bruised or red and only hurts when I get an erection. Can this be a fracture or is it just soreness?

Please advise.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The fracture us rather not possible as the penis has no bones at all. It is build with soft tissue which gets filled with blood during the erection. The most probable reason of your symptoms is frenulum that has been injured during the intercourse or there is some slight abrasion. Both are rather not danger, and should get healed in a few days. So if there is no visible wound, you should be fine.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.