Sore muscles in lower and upper back. No fever or cold. Should I take tylenol?

Dr. Charles S Narasi

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I had a upper (not sure of procedure name) and a colonoscopy with a few biopsies taken. Dr. said minor ones. I have no fever, chills and back to normal bowel movements yet I still feel achy muscles in my lower and upper back. Should i go back to Dr. or is this normal and I should take a Tylenol. Concerned
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXXXX,
It does not sound very serious. It is possible you probably had a
viral infection of some sort. It will be O.K. to use Tylenol but
not aspirin for aches and pains. Make sure that you drink
plenty of fluids. I am glad that you had both upper Endoscopy
and also colonoscopy.
I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Charles S Narasi 21 minutes later
Should I go to another doctor to check my lungs to be sure nothing serious
Hello, XXXXXXX,
If you are having problems with breathing, having cough,
fever and chills, then you need to see a doctor for lungs.
Also, if you were a heavy smoker with symptoms of
chronic cough or spitting up blood then you need that
checked.
Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Charles S Narasi 2 days later
Hi dr. I am still experiencing achy muscles cani have an infection after the colonoscopy without a fever
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 16 hours later
Hello, XXXXXXX,
Aches and muscle pains can be just related to arthritis
or reaction to the weather, activities etc. It could be
viral . Sometimes, you may not have a high fever.
Hope you are doing well by now.