Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Sore breasts, spotting, cramping after having protected sex. Negative pregnancy test. No periods. Pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12739 Questions
Hi. last month I had protected sex and my breast became sore. A week later I had sex again and the soreness went away. I only spotted when I wiped. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. This month, my menustration has not come on yet but I am cramping. The test is still negative. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Since your periods are delayed, the chances of pregnancy are present.
You need to get your urine test repeated if your periods are overdue by more than a week.
The other causes could be stress, hormone related or due to anxiety. If the pregnancy test remains negative and periods do not come then do consult your gynecologist for hormonal treatment to have withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor