Soft lump on the testicles. No pain. Part of epididymis or need medical check up?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: sometimes i think i feel a very small bump on the bottom of my left testicle. It is not that hard and feels kind of squishy. I have no pain or swelling. It comes and goes, I've monitored it for a couple months now and it hasn't changed. It's very frustrating because i only feel it 30% of the time. Is this just the tail of my epididymis or should a make an appointment with a urologist?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear,

I can see the worries that this lump is causing. In all probability this lump is ‘tail’ of epididymis and it becomes palpable when it is distended with semen.

You stay reassured.

However, I shall still suggest you to undergo ultrasound scrotum and see urologist to rule out anything sinister.

Hope this answers your query. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries. Yet, I am available to clarify any other doubts/concerns that you might have.

Thanks and Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist