Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Soft lump on penis base, at intersection with scrotum. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi I have a soft lump at the base of my penis where it intersects with my scrotum. I am in Kuwait at the moment and really do not want to go to a doctor here. I will be back in the states in a week. I am 39 and in good health, weigh 195, 5'4".
Should I be concerned?
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Soft lump at penis base which appears suddenly can be due to inflammation and usually resoles by itself in few days time.Other than that it can be due to some infections as herpes,syphilis,trauma,dry masturbation etc.

If the lump increases in size,shape ,changes in consistency and along with that is associated with other symptoms such as discharge,pain,fever etc.. then it is a cause of concern and would require immediate attention.

Some measures which you can follow:
1)Clean the area twice with any antibacterial soap and water and keep it dry.

2)Restrict smoking and alcohol.

3)Avoid intercourse until it is healed.

4)Wear cotton undies.

5)Apply Neosporin powder after discussing with the Physician.

If there is progression to other symptoms as discharge,ulcer formation then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon after clinical examination and required investigations.

Hope this information is adequate and answers your query. I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor