So i have an out break of sores on my

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2019 in Lump
Question: So i have an out break of sores on my big toe, treated it first as a fungus and now i have puss pockets on the tip of my toe all around the nail. the nail is fine does not look like athletes foot. It gets very dry and the skin peels off in big chunks. this has been going on for over 6 months. It fades a little then comes back. If i bandage it it gets much worse.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like an Abscess

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the picture.
It looks like a Bacterial infection.There are pockets of pus.I prefer to give a small incision over the pus pockets and.let out the pus first.Before that,I exclude Diabetes.
Appropriate Antibiotic which acts on Gram positive organisms should be given.I give Tablet Linezolid 600mg twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
Please consult your General Surgeon ,get examined clinically and get appropriate prescription.Get tested for Diabetes.
Nothing to worry.It will come down.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D