So, had some back pain last week, went to PCP,
Hello dear, welcome Ask a doctor's service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think you may be suffering from a viral gastroenteritis. I don't think it can be related to kidney stones just occasionally happened after back pain due to kidney stones.
Diarrhoea due to gastroenteritis can last from 5-7 days and since it is getting better the fourth day it is more likely to be gastroenteritis.
Eating yoghurt, toast is a good idea.
Drink water to keep yourself hydrated.
Don't drink fruit juices especially apple or orange juice or sweetened beverages.
Don't eat too much fibers.
Eat small portions often.
I don't suggest you to have intravenous infusions yet.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.