question-icon

So around July/August of last year I went into the

Posted on Fri, 29 Mar 2019
Question: So around July/August of last year I went into the doctors for some concerns with depression. They prescribed me Trintellix for 30 days. I took trintellix for about 15 days & then decided that I was going to go about it the natural way & not take medication. Today, i was accepted into Air traffic controlling but will have to undergoe the medical aviation exam. Wondering how taking the medication for a short period of time roughly 7 months ago could effect my chances of passing ? Have not been taking medication since the 15 days.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
No, not likely to affect the test results.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for using 'Ask A Doctor' service

I don’t think this will alter the test results. Trintellix is a serotonin drug and will not affect test results. Moreover, the drug has been taken for a short period of time only and months ago.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist