So I've had this problem for just over a year
The strange thing is I usually feel 100% fine once I start heading back home. So many people have told me that I may have some kind of social anxiety, which is strange, because I've never felt like this before. It happened in the snap of a finger one night.
I've seen a doctor countless times to test for any abnormalities in my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
I've even taken medication for a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori and that didn't seem to help.
I was even on anti-depressants for a very short period of time, not long enough for them to work I think but I don't know what to do.
The more I think of it, the more it sounds like social anxiety.
Being comfortable at home.
Being more comfortable at a friend's house compared to a public area.
Feeling fine when going back home.
It's just that this happened so fast and it's the first time it has happened to me in my life and it's had an everlasting effect on me, which I have no control over and I'm not even quite sure what the problem is so all I'm asking for is maybe a bit of help or guidance.
It can be social anxiety or agoraphobia.
Welcome to the 'Ask A Doctor service'.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advise.
You are uncomfortable at public place and having nausea feeling only at public place or shopping center. So it seems most likely social anxiety problem and particularly agoraphobia in which there is anxiety in public place.
You need to consult good psychiatrist for deatiled evaluation.
The only anti depressant drug will not work. Along with anti anxiety and anti depression medication, behavioural therapy is essential.
With continous counseling and medication for few months you will be able to treat your social anxiety or phobia.
Hope I have answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is Gliosis seen in left frontal periventricular region and
- How can blood glucose go from 95 before I left
- Hi, I have very irregular periods along with persistent hormonal
- My ear just started bleeding. I am 86 years old
- I am a 74 year old woman who has self-diagnosed
- Right jaw pain and random dizziness , slight headache with
- My 34 month old daughter weight -15.5 kg has cold
- I have no sense of smell and haven’t had for
- HI All, I am 34yrs old and i am taking
- Hi there I have been having an issue for months