So I had slept with someone again that I been

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: So I had slept with someone again that I been having sex with off and on.. I'm not the only one she has sex with.. so about three weeks ago I got oral and sex from her and after I went to work didn't get to shower until the next day well about a week later I noticed I got a cough, congested for like three days or so but also noticed that it itches and kinda burns in my urethra like if I rub my balls I can scratch the itch inside my body or whatever.. I got tested a week later got my results today and negative on chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and hepatitis c
Remind you I been tested two months before that and negative as well

So what can it be!? I'm a circumcised male just trying to take care of this.. I thought it was chlamydia or gonorrhea but the test was negative so what can I do??

Could it be trich? I went to the clinic and they gave me 4 pills of flagyl I took them yesterday and drank cranberry all day it seemed to calm down the symptoms not so bad today but kinda still there so I'm going to wait a few more and hopefully it goes away

You think it can be anything else? Like hsv 2?

They never tested me for trich yeah I didn't have this issue before that night so I hope the flagyl works cause the itiching in my urethra and slight burning is annoying.. discharge not really I did take amoxicillin for a whole week while I waited for my results..

Sry for all the question but what do you think it could be??
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be maybe trichomonas or candidiasis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and wellcome in "Ask a Doctor".
I have seen your query and here is my advice.

Based on your history I think that could be maybe trichomonas or just candidiasis related to antibioti use.Please clarify me if these symptoms started after taking amoxicillin or before?
But , these symptoms are not related to HSV 1.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
4th week already still itching in my urethra and burns a bit when I pee also I took amoxicillin 500 mg twice a day for a week
Uti pills two a day for a few days
4 pills of Flagyl All at once

To answer your amoxicillin question happened before I started to take it...

Another doctor on here said it could be hsv2 he was a dermatologist

So idk what it could be
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 15 hours later
????
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
iHSV 2 in rare cases could have just burning.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in " Ask a Doctor".
I am sorry for my late response.

You should know that HSV 2 usually has vesicular elements in genital area and in rare cases could have just burning.
But to be sure I suggest to do a HSV 2 IgG and swap test culture to exlude candidiasis and a test for thrichomoniasis if the symptoms persist after this treatment.
Please could you send me an attached picture to define better.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 6 hours later
The itching and burning is there slightly not as much but it is still there
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to do some test above mentioned .

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I am sorry for my late response.

As I sad before I suggest to do some test above mentioned to define better the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad