So I had slept with someone again that I been

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: So I had slept with someone again that I been having sex with off and on.. I'm not the only one she has sex with.. so about three weeks ago I got oral and sex from her and after I went to work didn't get to shower until the next day well about a week later I noticed I got a cough, congested for like three days or so but also noticed that it itches and kinda burns in my urethra like if I rub my balls I can scratch the itch inside my body or whatever.. I got tested a week later got my results today and negative on chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and hepatitis c
Remind you I been tested two months before that and negative as well

So what can it be!? I'm a circumcised male just trying to take care of this.. I thought it was chlamydia or gonorrhea but the test was negative so what can I do??

Could it be trich? I went to the clinic and they gave me 4 pills of flagyl I took them yesterday and drank cranberry all day it seemed to calm down the symptoms not so bad today but kinda still there so I'm going to wait a few more and hopefully it goes away

You think it can be anything else? Like hsv 2?

They never tested me for trich yeah I didn't have this issue before that night so I hope the flagyl works cause the itiching in my urethra and slight burning is annoying.. discharge not really I did take amoxicillin for a whole week while I waited for my results..

Sry for all the question but what do you think it could be??

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
So I had slept with someone again that I been having sex with off and on.. I'm not the only one she has sex with.. so about three weeks ago I got oral and sex from her and after I went to work didn't get to shower until the next day well about a week later I noticed I got a cough, congested for like three days or so but also noticed that it itches and kinda burns in my urethra like if I rub my balls I can scratch the itch inside my body or whatever.. I got tested a week later got my results today and negative on chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and hepatitis c

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding urethral burning and itching

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service . I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I would like to know whether the sex was protected or was it unprotected?
Testing negative 2 weeks after sex rules out chlamydia, gonorrhoea. So it could be either Trichomoniasis, Candida or Chemical urethritis that would be causing the urethral itching and burning sensation.
Right now I suggest you to also take a single dose of an oral antifungal e.g Fluconazole 150mg for possible candida infection.
Avoid using soap etc on glans.
HSV, syphilis and HIV need to be followed up by repeat testing at 4 weeks and at 12 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Regarding urethral burning and itching

Detailed Answer:

Avoid using soap etc on glans.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Anti fungus can I get over the counter? It was unprotected vag and oral. So you think it could be hsv 2? What else can I get over the counter to take? It still itches in my urethra and it's been about 4 weeks since the incident.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding urethral itching and burning- Non Gonococcal Urethritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Burning and itching in urethra suggests urethritis. HSV 2 presents as painful genital erosions along with burning sensation on passing urine. Oral antifungals like fluconazole are prescription drugs. You need to find it out from a drug store if fluconazole is available OTC too. There are other causes of Non Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU) too like Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma Urealyticum. For that I would suggest you to take Oral Doxycycline 100mg, twice daily for a week.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Umm how do I get another doctors opinion?
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 minutes later
It says your a dermatologist I rather get input from obgyn, std specialist etc
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I am an MD (Dermatologist and Venereology). I can pretty well handle STDs and HIV apart from Dermatology.

For another opinion you need to put in another query in a STDs speciality

take care
let me know if you need any more assistance.
Brief Answer:
Regarding STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

take care