Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
Thanks for your query.
The cough and sore throat you have could probably be due to chemical irritation caused by the Meth (metamfetamine ) you snorted.
This is not a serious condition and do not cause any complication.Need not worry.Do take a dose of Tab Benadryl in the night after food , this will reduce the irritation and the symptoms you have.
Also do take steam inhalation with Eucalyptus in it , this will soothen the throat mucosa and provide you relief.
Since the throat is irritated and sensitive , there are chances of it being infected.Hence, do gargle with antiseptic solution like Chlorhexidine twice daily after food for two days.
Hope I answered your query.
Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.
Thanks for writing back.
The irritation ion the throat is temporary and may last not more than 4 to 5 days if uninfected.Following the above mentioned remedies will speed up the recovery for sure.
Wish you good health.
I coughed up some mucus it had little blood in it ...is because I been coughing to much?
The blood in the mucus could be due to minor abrasions, which occur due to cough.
I would consider it better for you to once get examined by your treating doctor to be sure of the fact.
Meanwhile do continue the remedies I suggested above.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat headache cough
- Sore throat 965 cough
- Sore throat and coughing allergies
- Sore throat and cough elchuri
- Sore throat hoarseness cough
- Persistent sore throat and cough
- Sore throat croupy cough
- Recurring sore throat and cough
- Lump on neck sore throat and cough
- Sore throat and cough with thyroid nodules
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?