Snorted 2 grams of cocaine. Noticed painful bump on head. Should I consult a doctor?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Drug Abuse
Question: I randomly snorted 2 grams of cocaine two days ago (wed 2nd). I have now heard it may have been cut with Meth. Well, yesterday afternoon i noticed my head had a painful bump on it. I have a bald head and in looking in the mirror I can see the bump is quit prominent. I am concerned the bump is related to this. I am not an avid user as I probably do this 3-4 times a year. However, I have never done this much at once and I have never used anything from this supplier before. I am wondering if I should seek immediate medical attention?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I understand that you use cocaine occasionally 3-4 times a year and this time it was cut with meth. The bump on your head that you are describing has nothing to do with the use of cocaine or meth.
I would be glad if you can try to remember if you had any fall after getting intoxicated. Or is it that you were so intoxicated that you wont be able to remember?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 25 minutes later
Thank you for the quick response! I don't recall hitting my head and I was not intoxicated to the point of not remembering. My concern is that the substance I snorted had what is called,"Levamsole". I don't know if this could be a bacterial infection or something else?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 29 minutes later
Hello one again,
As i have mentioned in my last answer, your taking of recreational drugs has no relation with the bump on your head.
Your head having bump can be mostly due to either trauma or infection. As you saw trauma can be ruled out as you feel that you have never had any trauma. then what remains is infection. It could very well be a bacterial infection.
You would probably need to get it examined by a surgeon or a local GP who can examine you and say with conformity that it is an infection.
If its a bacterial infection then in that case they will like to give you anti-biotics for the same.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a good health!
If you have any direct question, you can contact me on the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW