Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Sneezing, watery eyes, metal taste during coughing, phlegm, weakness

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
sneezing, watery eyes, metal taste when i cough or sneeze. phlegm. yesterday felt weak had to lay down.
Sat, 19 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 19 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The symptoms described indicate that you might be having

1. A viral infection resulting in rhinitis and associated symptoms.

2. A exacerbation of your allergy

The treatment in both the conditions is similar.

It includes adequate rest, proper hydration and symptomatic treatment, including antihistamines (Claritin or benadryl) to control the allergy symptoms and tylenol or ibuprofen to reduce any body aches and pains if present.

In case, you develop, any headache, high fever, purulent (yellow greenish) expectoration, you might consult a doctor who can examine and rule out any bacterial infections and treat them with a course of antibiotics for a few days.

I hope this helps.

I shall be available to answer any follow up queries .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor