Sneezing, sore throat and pain, no cold. Reason for pain?
Thanks for the query.
Sneezing is a forceful expulsion of air through the nasopharynx , i.e. the pathway from your vocal cords in throat to nose.During forceful sneezing if there is any sudden impact due to pressure on the soft tissues , it may cause pain or pricking sensation or foreign body like feeling .But this is temporary and should resolve on its own.
If you have no swelling , no bleeding no discharge ,then you need not worry.
Try to do warm salt water gargles four times a day for relief.
But if it persists for more than a week or the pain increases or affects your food intake then it would be advisable to consult an Ear Nose Throat (ENT) surgeon .He can examine your nose and throat thoroughly and rule out any cartilage tissue injury or abrasions which would be a rare possibility.
But as of now you need not worry .
The pop you heard could be just because of forceful passage of air through narrow soft tissue openings of the nasopharynx.
I hope I have answered your query.
I ll be available for any follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sneezing sore throat and pain no cold reason for pain
- Cold sore throat frequent urination back pain bladder infection
- Have cold runny nose sore throat and kidney pains advice
- Cold sinus ear pain sore throat difficulty opening jaw treatment
- Severe sore throat chest congestion pain while spitting cold symptoms
- Painful not sore throat during a cold
- Headache dizziness light headedness sore throat cold joint pain fever
- What causes cold chills lower back pain sore throat
- Sore throat cold chills lower back pain
- Sore throat cold virus pain reason and cure