Smelly urine, done liver and kidney tests, urine test. Why is SGOT and SGPT high? Why is there a bad odor in urine?
I just went through regular Liver and Kidney tests, enclosed is the report. The SGOT & SGPT is 52.70 & 57.80 respectively. My doctor says, it is normal but I am worried that why it is on the higher side.
Just to give few details about myself:
1. Age - 31
2. Height - 5 Feet - 8 Inches
3. Weight - 84
4. Smoking - NO
5. Drinking - Use to drink whiskey (200ml) 4-5 times a week, however for last 40 days, I am off drinking.
6. Not experiencing any pains in abdomen
7. However, sometimes there is stink in my urine, which is also one of the reason why I went for test.
I also went for Urine Routine Examination, the report of the same was fine.
Please advice on:
1. High SGOT & SGPT
2. How to reduce the above and bring them to acceptable level
3. Why there is a bad odor in my urine and what is the diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Thanks a lot
Thanks for posting your query
I can understand your anxiety
After going through your reports I really find them normal
Yes the SGPT & SGOT are on higher side of normal but they have to be correlated clinically
If there are no symptoms or signs related to liver disease the reports are normal
But yet for your understanding I would like to inform you that :
1] High fatty meals, junk food
3] Some medicines are known to cause altered liver function
Best at your end will be to avoid fatty meals and stop consuming alcohol
As far as odor in urine is concerned that is also normal as a good number of medicines and consumables are excreted in urine after metabolism and they may give bad odor to the same
Unless you have any burning or frequency do not worry
A final word of reassurance
Get Well Soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine test for liver positive
- Smelly urine with kidney disease
- Kidney infection urine test normal
- Disco multi purpose solution sgot test urine
- Smelly urine kidney cancer
- How the sgpt will increase in urine test
- Liver enzyme tests for protien in urine
- Kidney urine test
- Dark yellowish urine high sgpt levels liver problem
- Urine not yellow in colour increased sgpt and sgot