Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Small red bumps in pubic area, looks like razor burn, spreading

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12685 Questions
i have small lil red bumps that look like razor burn in my pubic area. They have been there for two or more weeks. I talked and explained it to one of my friends that work at a free clinic and they told me it doesn't sound like an std. But now it is spreading.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
Small red bumps in the pubic area without any pain or discharge can be due to skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection.

STD can also be suspected especially if you have been in contact with multiple partners and either of the partner is infected.

If the rash is sore, itchy, associated with pain, lump like, burning during urination and has any discharge then it can be indicative of any infection and requires evaluation.

Sometimes just itching can also be due to fungal infection and requires antifungal creams as Cotrimazole.

Some measures for you:

1)Apply icepack on the area and then observe for any changes.

2)Apply calamine lotion for relief from itching.

3)Keep the area dry and apply Neosporin powder and hydrocortisone ointment available over the counter at all the pharmacies.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor