Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Small penis, urinary problem, erection problem

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
ED and Urination problem

Hi Dr,

I am now 30 years old and this whole problem started when I was about 18. A friend once saw me naked and then laughed and ridiculed me and said that my penis was small and really made a big deal about it and then after that frequently poked fun at me about it. If I was the age I am now and this happened I would tell the person to get stuffed and never talk to them again and then assure myself that I am ok but because it happened to me at an impressionable age it really made a traumatic impact on me and ever since then I have beat myself up about having a small penis and felt absolutely terrible all this time. Not long after this happened and not sure why but possibly due to anxiety I developed urinary problems where I need to urinate frequently and even now I have to. I saw a urologist when I was 18 and he told me to stop worrying about my penis and prescribed me some sort of anti depressant - needless to say that did not work. If I was a Dr I would never tell someone just to stop worrying aobut something and then prescribe something, unbelievable really. Anyway now I am experiencing erection problems for the last few months. I can get erect but there does not seem to be much sensation and I get very little enjoyment from masturbation and if I have sex my erections are weak and again there is little satisfaction. I have not being getting erections in the morning which I know may be indicative of a physiological problem but I believe my case is unique due to how frequent I need to urinate. When I wake up I am busting to urinate so this may be getting in the way of an erection which may usually be there if I did not have this urinary anxiety issue. I have seen a doctor and I do not have diabetes and my testosterone levels are normal.

Can someone please help me. I have seen every doctor over the last 12 years and none of them seem to care and none of them seem to have any great insight to an objectively simple problem. Please give me some good advice.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 20 hours later

From your history and symptoms it appears that you may developed “non neurogenic bladder” due to anxiety at young age and henceforth altered voiding habits. At this point, I would like you to be investigated further with ultrasound KUB & Post Void Residue and then started on ‘anticholinergic drugs’ under the care of your urologist. This shall improve your frequency and urgency issues and hopefully bring the bladder to function normally over a period of time.

As far as your erection issues are concerned, it might help to start you on “5-phosphodiasterase inhibitors” again for a while. They will help you to bring back your confidence and improve your sexual functions further.

You may discuss about both these options with your primary healthcare provider or with a competent urologist.

Hope my answer is both helpful and informative to you.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor