Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Small lump on the upper left side of pelvis, tender to touch, twinges while walking. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I have a small lump on th upper left side of my pelvis, tender to touch and occasionally sort of twinges when I walk
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Lump on the upper pelvic region can be due to various causes as trauma,enlarged lymph nodes,Hernia,infections or a Lipoma.

Since it is tender and twinges on walking possibility of hernia seems to be there which is a small sac formed by the lining of abdominal cavity.

Hernias can occur due to heavy weight lifting,constipation,cough,smoking,poor nutrition etc.

A physical examination is the only way to confirm it and it is necessary to evaluate the size,shape,consistency,association with coughing,standing.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider who can rule out the exact cause after proper evaluation of the lump.

Hope this information is adequate.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small lump on the upper left side of pelvis, tender to touch, twinges while walking. Treatment ? 45 minutes later
Something i believe may be unassociated is that when I am standing; putting pressure on my lower stomach causes no discomfort however lying down, this causes pain, as though ther is tenderness
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

I hope that you did not have an injury on that area as groin injury can sometimes lead to persistent pain for few weeks.Other than that it can be a swollen lymph node or a benign cyst.

Usually tenderness is present in case of swollen lymph nodes even though putting pressure in the stomach would not cause discomfort if it is a hernia.

You can wait for few days and take Ibuprofen in case of severe pain. Apply ice bag and observe for any change.

If the tenderness increases or there is development of any other symptom consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Wishing you Good health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor