Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Small lump on lower cheek above jawline. Should I seek medical attention?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
.I have a small lump on my lower cheek just above my jawline. It doesn't hurt at all, but it's firm and seems to move slightly when I push on it. I just noticed it yesterday and it seems more pronounced today, although I don't know that for sure. Do you have an opinion about what I should do? I'm from Oregon and am currently in Massachusetts on a trip. Should I seek out a clinic?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be Factitial injury

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

According to the history given it appears that you might have factitial injury.

To be more sure and for better diagnosis I would like to know few details.

1. Do you have cheek biting habit or are you stressed and frequently bite your lips or cheek?

2.Do you have pain in any of your teeth or in gums?

3.Is there any associated pain or swelling in the lump?

4.when did you notice it ?And did you apply any medication on the lump,if so please mention?

Awaiting your response.


Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor