Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Small growths on penis base. Worried for genital warts

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
I have small growths on near my penis base. Been to the doctors three times seeing two different docs. They both said nothing to worry about. Would they know just by looking if it was genital warts?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 17 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Small growths at penile region can be benign growths or carcinomatous growths or viral warts. It is possible with local examination to comment on the diagnosis based on number, location and consistency of the small growths. It does not require investigations like biopsy to comment. If two physicians have suggested no active intervention, i would suggest you relax and do not worry about the same. Hope you have gained clarity on the issue.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor