Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Small growth of skin growing across opening of penis. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
yes, I appear to have a small growth of skin starting to grow across the opening of the penis uretha hole? What is it and can it be cured?
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
I would have answered better if there was a photo.
Still, the following things are possible.
1. Secondary phimosis ( due to repeated inflammation of the skin)
2. Balanitis xerotica obliterans ( skin problem occurring
in that area).
Kindly get examined and your doc will be ur best guide.
GP is good enough to comment. He will refer is necessary.
But, if there is difficult n passing urine, kindly take early advice.
It is curable.
Hope i was of some help.
Get back for doubts, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor