Small cystic area in left occipital bone. Can receptive motion cause posterior disc osteophyte complex?

Posted on Tue, 19 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Question: can receptive motion cause a posterior disc osteophyte complex. what is small cystic area in the left occipital bone
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
A receptive motion is not likely to cause an osteophytic change in your spine. Such changes are usually age related degenerative changes.
A small cystic area in the occipital bone can be an aneurysmal or a benign bone cyst.
You have a feature to upload your investigation reports in the box provided on the right side of the query box. I will be able to suggest you better after going through the reports.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN