Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Small bumps on penis. No pain and itching. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
Helo Dr,

I have a small bump on, i my penis, its been there for 6 months i dont have any sort of pain or itching. a week back i found another one i'm bit scared it might be XXXXXXX I have attached the photo as well. Could you please help me with this

Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Molluscum may be...

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late reply...

The picture that you uploaded is not clear. It looks very bright and overexposed making it difficult to view the bump in discussion. If you have a better picture please upload. If you do not have a better picture, can you describe if the bump is fluid filled or fleshy bump.

Nevertheless, you did not mention if you are sexually active or not. If you are active were you involved in any unprotected sexual intercourse.

I would also like to know the following details:
1. Is it growing gradually?
2. Do you notice any dimple on the bump?
3. Does it discharge secretions anytime?

Looking forwards to your reply...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small bumps on penis. No pain and itching. Suggest the treatment? 2 hours later
Thanks for your response Dr,

It looks like fluid filled.

I'm a virgin.

It is not growing, Its in the same size for the last 4 months.

There is no dimple on it.

No discharges.

Since the second bump occured i got a bit panic. Can you please explain what it is excatly??

Thanks again!!
Answered by Dr. Prasad 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is less likely to be a sinister issue...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for updating. It's unfortunate that you do not have a better picture. Anyway as you are not sexually active and this is a fluid filled lesion and not a fleshy bump, most of the sinister growths are ruled out. It isn't a sexually transmitted infection. Molluscum contagiosum (which was my previous impression) is also less likely as you did not find a dimple on the bump.

Accordingly, the two conditions which I consider are close possibility are follicular cyst and sebaceous cyst. These are nothing but blocked glands. They are completely harmless. It can be left alone or treated with surgical options. You can visit a competent dermatologist to plan the next steps of management.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small bumps on penis. No pain and itching. Suggest the treatment? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr,

I'm Staying in bangalore only, can i XXXXXXX you or do you suggest some one else.

If please give the details.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult a Dermatologist...

Detailed Answer:
As a general physician, I would only be able to give you the close possible cause. You should consider consulting a dermatologist for confirmation and planning the next step of management.

We have plenty of competent dermatologist in Bangalore. I refer my patient with chronic conditions such as yours to medical college. You will find good and experienced specialist in such teaching institute. The next option is to visit a multidisciplinary hospital.

The last option is to look for skin care clinics such as citizen skin care clinic at Malleshwaram. If you want more broad list of doctor, you can use XXXXXXX doctor listing. There are user written reviews which can guide you: WWW.WWWW.WW
I hope you find one of the options helpful. Write back for further clarifications. In case all your questions are answered, please close this discussion and review.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor