Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Small bump on penis,waxy discharge.STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi I have had a small bump under the head of my penis that hasn't been painful at all. I just had a white waxy discharge from the bump and was wondering what this could be. Do I have an STD?
Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Please provide a few clarifications.
1.Is it a single bump or multiple?
2,How long have you had it?
3.Describe the discharge?
4.Do you have pain,itching etc?
5.Have you had unprotected sex before appearance of the bump?
6.When was your last blood test?

Awaiting your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small bump on penis,waxy discharge.STD? 2 hours later
1) It is a single bump not multiple ones
2) I honestly cannot remember how long I've had it but its been a while
3) the discharge was white like a white head pimple. It was more of a solid waxy material then something liquid.
4) I have no pain, itching, discomfort, and the bump seems to be part of the skin. Like if I move the foreskin around the base of the head of my penis the bump moves with ease, and conforms to any way I move the skin.
5) I cannot remember if I had unprotected sex before the appearance of this bump because its been there for a while. And I cannot remember that far. I think because it didn't do anything to me I didn't worry about it. I have however had unprotected sex since with 2 significant others and neither of them got anything when they got tested.
6) My last blood test was about 1 1/2 months ago and I know I have had at least 1 more or 2 since the bump appeared so in total 2 or 3 with the bump present and nothing has come back suspicious or alarming on those. But again it is a limited blood test done for firefighters where its HIV and 2 or 3 other STD diseases.

Thank you for all your help.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Hi again,

Well, in case of all kinds of genital lesions in a person who is sexually active the first level of STD screening is needed. I suggest that you get tested for herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea if they werent included in your previous tests.

If the std test is normal,then there are a couple of other possibilities that should be looked for.
First,there is something called Fordyce's spots. These occur due to clogged sebaceous glands.
Second ,pearly penile papules are very common and often appear under the foreskin.These are not harmful to you and may appear on and off.

Third,it could be a cyst which is has discharged.

All these options are treatable and you should see a dermatologist to get examined and confirm the diagnosis. But first you get the std test to rule out any infectious diseases.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor