Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Small ball-like thing above anus, has come up recently. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 65 Questions
hi i have a small ball type of thing about 3 cms above my anus it seems 2 have come up in jus 2 or 3 days wot could it be?my age is 30
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 54 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

The small ball type lesions in rectum may be due to

1. Rectal polyp
2. prolapsing hemorrhoides (piles)
3. Prolapsing mucosa
4. Malignant lesion

The diagnosis can be achied easily by rectal examination or sigmoidoscopy, where a small tube with a camera is inserted into the anus and exact lesion is visualised.

Hope you find my answer satisfactory.I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor