Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Slow breathing. Concerned about clogged vein and blood flow changes. Bumps under the arms. Had a Hobo-spider bite. Is it cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
clogging I think I may have a clogged vain well 2 vains. I have 2 BB size. ball like bumps on each peck almost under my arm I got bite by a hobo spider in my belly then I noticedmy blood. flow has changed. and my heat beat and pusle hash changed as well I also try to sleep but as soon as I'm about to fall asleep. my heart will do something that freaks me out Ill have slow breathing almost like my heart is going to stop can u help me please.
the bumps were. on both pecks ma be cancer. idk there in the lower part of my pecks. ? what do u think it is
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 22 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I have tried my best to understand your language with regards to the meaning more than the spellings. Correct me if I am wrong with my comprehension of your lines - I believe you are asking that those "bumps" on your "pecks" is cancer ?

Firstly, let me assess your concerns -
1. Clogging of veins
2. Hobo spider bite.
3. Blood flow changes.
4. Heart beat and pulse changes.
5. Slow breathing.
6. Anxiety.

I have 2 things in here - a hobo spider bite and cancer. Before, I even consider even one of those - a clinical examination of the bumps is necessary. I understand the symptoms has got you in great anxiety or as a consequence of the lesion - but if you have seen the spider then I can believe you, if not - then the doctor in the ED will start with scratch and come to a sound diagnosis. Spider bites need to be treated after examination.

I have to tell you I would not be able to tell you for sure if it is cancer or not. It is not good to think that every bump is a cancer. There can be lymph nodes enlarged in the arm in many simple conditions. So it is necessary to rule them out before thinking about cancer.

More importantly, if it is certain that spider has bitten - then ED is the only option - and you would need to consult as soon as possible as there is no known first aid for spider bite at home. It would require medicines and care under medical supervision.

If, not - then a proper history, clinical examination and other tests would be needed for confirmation of the diagnosis. I don't want you to think of cancer right now at least. So, you need to relax first.

If those symptoms continue beyond a day of first noticing it - then it needs an urgent review. Consult the ED as fast as you can. Because, even if it another diagnosis lets say MRSA skin infection as one of the possible differential diagnosis, then it would obviously need treatment. And you cannot afford to neglect this.

Don't worry about blood flow changes and stopping of heart - just get help to go to ED. Spider venom is not as XXXXXXX as other venoms and are amenable to prompt treatment.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor