Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Slipped and fell down. Hurts to move and stand. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
I slipped and fell 2 days ago on my left side. I felt like my ribs jabbed into whatever organ is located under your ribs in the front and back. It hurts to move and stand. Could you help me? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Sorry to hear about you.
Since it has crossed 2 days, it is unlikely that you have any serious injury to the underlying organs.
It is most probably CONTUSION/hematoma of the muscles attached to the ribs.
The following will be helpful---
1. Warm compresses to the area three times daily.
2. Pain or killer sprays three times daily.
3. Once the pain reduces a little, try XXXXXXX breathing exercises to prevent lung infection.
You need to take medical advice when---
1. Breathing becomes increasingly difficult.
2. There is severe cough/ blood in the sputum.
3. Unexplained fever.

Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts if any,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor