Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Sleeplessness, obese. Watery semen. Curable?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
Hi, i have a very water sperm recently. there is no problem with my erection. Wat test should I take to ascertain the situation. Is the problem curable?

I have been masturbating for quite few years. May be a little over, but my activity has lowered in the last year. My life style is bad. I sleep for only 5 hours a day. I weigh about 88 Kgs and about 5 ft and 7 inches tall. Obese of course.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Even though the consistency of semen varies considerably from person to person and from time to time, a semen analysis is the test you need to ascertain the quality of the semen.
You would need to abstain from masturbating about 4-5 days before giving the sample. Further, if the sample is collected at home, do not use a lubricated condom to collect it and this needs to be transported to the laboratory within 30 minutes of collection. Further, remember to carry it away from your body as sperms are very temperature sensitive.
It is a myth that masturbation is harmful for the body. Masturbation is a normal and safe method of sexual activity.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Best regards
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor