Skin turned black after squeezing mole on leg. What should be done?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I squeezed a mole on my leg really hard and now a week later it's sore and turned black. Will it probably fall off or should I have it surgically removed? There has been some small non-bloody discharge but sitting on it (its on inner thigh upper leg) does not hurt and it's not hot or appear to be infected.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem with me. I had taken a look at the image that you had attached and to me it appears that it would fall off in a few days time.

As you do not have any signs of infection you can clean it daily; but don't try to pull it out.

Should you develop any swelling or oozing from the site, then you would have to consult a Surgeon.

Please revert to me if you have further doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E