Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Skin tag under penis, felt in erection, no pain. Why is there?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
I have what feels like a skin tag under the skin of my penis. I can only feel it when I have an erection. It is not a lump, it feels just like a skin tag. There is nothing to see on my penis and it is not painful or a problem.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Having a skin tag like sensation under the penis on erection is usually due to the skin fascia which becomes more prominent after an erection due to the increased blood flow to the penis.

This is just a part of your normal anatomy and there is nothing to worry.

You can confirm this after an examination from a urologist.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor