Skin started getting dark. Any effective medicine?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: My skin is getting barker day by day can i know any body lotion or any night cream which i can maintain my skin complextion
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in .
Pigmentation can be due to tanning and sun exposure. Also a few factors like a anemia ,liver disease etc.
Have done your hemoglobin level recently?
Do you have outdoor job?
Are you on any drugs?

My advise to you would be -
To avoid sun exposure and use good quality sunscreen like suncross 50 during day time over face and sunscreen body lotion of SPF 15 over body.
Also take vitamin C containing food like lemon juice daily .also you can take tab .Limcee 1 daily.
Also you can take tab.oxytard one daily.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist .

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 46 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your quick respond.

hemoglobin level test i havent gone through.

No outdoor work but i will go to ground on sundays (weekly 1 day)

No i am not on drugs.

I will be pleased if u mention which sunscreen i need to use.

Which all body lotion will comeWill be eagrly waiting for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX
Avoid any unintended sun exposure. Even one day sun exposure can cause tanning and darkening.
Suncross 50 sunscreen is good for face. Also a sunscreen of SPF 30 like sper sunscreen is good for body.Use full sleeves clothes.
Take one fruit per day.
Drink lot of water daily.
Hope this helps.